That brings us to 2016. This year I am sticking to my same goal, 52 books for the year, and I'm also doing PopSugar's challenge again. I have also added a third challenge. One of my favourite book and reading blogs in Book Riot and they do an annual read harder challenge, so in the spirit of broadening my reading horizons I have decided to add that challenge to my plate this year as well. I wanted to share an update on my progress in all three challenges here, so let's start with my 2016 Goodreads shelf; here's a sample of it, the most recent 5 books I've read:
Next up I'll show you my progress on the PopSugar challenge. There are 40 categories of book to be read as part of this challenge. As you can see from my Goodreads challenge widget over on the right I'm already 54% done my challenge, I've read 28 books so far, and out of those 28 books 10 have fulfilled PopSugar's challenge, which means I'm 25% done this one.
|Needs more green Xs though...|
1. A YA bestseller - Black Widow : Forever Red
2. A book from the library - Blood Lite III : Aftertaste
3. A book that is guaranteed to bring you joy - Feel the burn
4. A book set in Europe - The Darkest Night
5. A book with a blue cover - The Darkest Kiss
6. A book you can finish in one day - The Darkest Pleasure
7. A book and its prequel - book: The Darkest Night
prequel: The Darkest Fire
8. A book that is published in 2016 - The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo #1)
9. A classic from the 20th century - Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
10. A book that's under 150 pages - Clouded Vision (77 pages) [Hah, I just noticed I forgot to cross this one off on the challenge sheet!]
My last challenge for 2016 as mentioned above is Book Riot's Read Harder Challenge. This one's only got 24 items on it but I feel like it's going to be the harder of the two category challenges for me personally. So far this year only four of the books I've read fulfill challenges in this one, which means I'm 1/6th done it.
|Some of these seem very intimidating to me...|
As you can see, on this one I've already added a couple of books that I plan to read to the categories that they apply to. This past Wednesday I printed off both challenge sheets and sat down in front of my two to-be-read bookcases and tried to match the categories to books that I already own (or have borrowed from the library I work at) and plan on reading; for the most part it's going to work out there aren't many I'm going to have to bring in from either the library I work in or the public library so that's good! Means I'll be clearing off my to-be-read shelves nicely. Which means I'll get to refill them with more books :D.