Syn Free Lasagna
So here is a delicious healthy lasagna recipe for you to try. It is cooked with the Slimming World plan in mind, but I'm not a consultant so please check all syn values yourself if you are unsure. The cheese used is the equivalent of your HEX A portion per person, if not it would be 6 syns.
- 500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 courgette, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed (or 1 tsp of garlic granules)
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g passata
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 500g fat free natural yogurt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- A pinch of nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 dried lasagne sheets
- 160g reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Place a large frying pan over a high heat. Add the beef mince, red pepper, courgettes, onion and garlic and stir-fry for 6-8 minutes. Add the tomatoes, passata and dried herbs, season and cook for 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix together the yogurt, eggs and nutmeg until smooth and season.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6. Spray a medium-sized lasagna dish with low calorie cooking spray. Spoon half the mince mixture into the base and top with half of the lasagna sheets. Spread over half of the yogurt mixture and top with the remaining mince mixture. Top with the remaining lasagna sheets, spread over the remaining yogurt mixture
and sprinkle over the cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.