- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 150ml chicken stock
- 1 aubergine
- 1 courgette
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes with garlic
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 150g dried wholemeal pasta, cooked in advance
- 200g mozzarella cheese, grated
- Peel and chop the onion, deseed and chop the pepper, place in a pan with the stock, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Trim and dice the aubergine and courgette, add to the pan with the tomatoes, herbs and seasoning, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the boiled pasta and 110g mozzarella cheese. Pile into a shallow ovenproof dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Place under a preheated hot grill for 3-4 minutes until the cheese has melted. Serve sprinkled with black pepper.