- 175g (6oz) butter, cubed plus extra for greasing
- 175g (6 oz) dark chocolate, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 275g (10oz) caster sugar
- 80g (31/4 oz) plain flour
- 40g (11/2 oz) cocoa powder
- 100g (31/2 oz) pecan nuts, chopped
- 100g (31/2 oz) fudge, diced
20cm (8in) shallow square baking tin or silicone pan
- Put the butter and chocolate into a large bowl placed over a saucepan of just-simmering water (making sure the base of the bowl does not touch the water) and heat, stirring occasionally until the butter and chocolate are melted and smoothly combined. Remove from the heat and leave to cool to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 170C/325F/gas 3. Grease the baking tin with a little butter and line with baking parchment or place the silicone pan on a baking tray. Put the eggs and sugar into a large bowl and whisk together until the mixture is a pale colour and has doubled in volume, about 8 minutes. Pour the cooled chocolate mixture into the egg and sugar mix and fold together.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder into the bowl and fold in gently, then fold in the chopped nuts and diced fudge. Spoon the mixture into the baking tin or pan and gently level.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until the brownie is just set. Remove from the oven and allow to cool a little in the tin or pan before turning out and cutting into 12 rectangles. Serve either hot or cold.