Monday 13 June 2016

Musing Mondays (a weekly book blogging meme)


I found out about this meme last night through a blog I just started reading called Flavia the Bibliophile which I found out about last week through a blog post on one of the blogs published by the institution where I work. Flavia posted last night about the daily memes she sometimes does and Musing Mondays from Books and a Beat caught my eye so I figured today being Monday that it was timely and I would give it a go!

Musing Mondays is a weekly meme that asks you to choose one of the following prompts to answer:

  • I’m currently reading…
  • Up next I think I’ll read…
  • I bought the following book(s) in the past week…
  • I’m super excited to tell you about (book/author/bookish-news)…
  • I’m really upset by (book/author/bookish-news)…
  • I can’t wait to get a copy of…
  • I wish I could read ___, but…
  • I blogged about ____ this past week…

THIS WEEK’S RANDOM QUESTION: What book have you wanted to read for a long time, but still haven’t?

Maybe one day I will finally read you.
Inheritance is the fourth and final book in the Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini. It's one of the books from my personal library, one of the MANY books that I have had sitting on the shelves for a long time waiting for me to get around to. This one specifically has been hanging around waiting for me since it was published in November 2011.

Why has this one been waiting so long for me? Because I kept saying that I needed for reread the first three books in the series before I read this one. And then I promptly never got around to rereading them. Partly out of sheer laziness and partly out of distraction. Other new books that didn't require rereading books I had already read for example, or if they did the series was shorter/more interesting to me at the time. The last part of the reason, because I was never in the mood for them.

I choose what I'm going to read next based on my mood/what I'm really interested in reading next. Like right now I am on an alternating Rick Riordan/Gena Showalter/JK Rowling kick so I am alternating between Rick's books, Gena's books and listening the the HP audio books (figured I've read them so many times myself at this point I may as well let Jim Dale read them to me this time.). Maybe once I'm off this kick I'll finally be in the mood for rereading Paolini's books, who knows, the idea does sound appealing to me right now though.

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment