Monday 16 May 2016

This is me setting out on an epic journey



So I am writing this on the eve of travelling over to Canada to meet up with my fellow blogger, Miss Lauren.  She has already introduced herself so I won't go on too much but what she says is absolutely true in that we are best friends and have been for many years now.   We have lots of common interests such as Disney, Harry Potter, books, The Sims, in fact there isn't much we disagree on but there are some things  (No I will never ever get into Star Trek unless it is Enterprise)

So we are off on our long-planned, thought-we-would-never-get-there, special-birthday trip to Disneyworld, Florida.  You would not believe how excited I am about this, I am 40 years old and a HUGE Disney fan since I was a child but I have never been to any of the Disney theme parks until now.  I have seen pictures on the internet, watched videos on YouTube, liked posts on Facebook and listened to colleagues talk about their trips but finally, I am going myself.

I still don't think I will believe I am going until I see the castle, that iconic Cinderella castle, with my own eyes.  And although to some people, this isn't anything out of the ordinary, to me this is going to be the most amazing day of my life.

We have a few days yet before we get to Disneyworld, as I said I'm flying into Canada to meet up with lauren and her mom and then we are travelling down by car to Florida so we actually don't hit Disney until Friday but the whole trip is going to be so amazing.  I'm going to have to photograph and video every minute of it because I still won't believe I've been for real.

So this is me, signing off as I head off.  I heard Disneyworld have a health and safety issue.  Have you seen the size of the mice there? ;)


1 comment:

  1. I just have to once again tell you how cute you are! <3

    ReplyDelete